Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tech Review #4 Storyline Online

Storyline Online is a great website for readers! Actors from the Screen Actors Guild Foundation read stories as you click on them. There are about 30 stories and as you scroll over them, it shows the actor or actress who will read the story aloud. As they are reading the story, the book is shown and the voice becomes a voice over. There is also a quick video of them talking in the beginning. After the book is over, you may click on related activities or even order the real book. This would be a great website to recommend to parents, especially if the parents might not have enough time to read a story that night. It is not required to sign up or pay. I'd recommend this website for students up to age 10, unless older students just want to hear the stories! This could even be used in the classroom if the book pertains to the lesson. The voices are so enthusiastic and engaging. It's always great to find websites that encourage and promote reading!



5 comments:

  1. Erin I was going to use this website for my Tech review. I love this website and used it a lot in my fourth grade class. Students love to pick their favorite celebrity and listen to them read. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this website because reading is such a point of emphasis these days. I love how it puts a celebrity with the story because that will intrigue readers. I think the activity portion would also be very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from the celebrities, which can be a draw, i agree, it also seems like they have a decent selection of good books as well. We don't always have the opportunity to have students listen to read alouds or fluent reading from an expressive person, so I am glad to know of this (amazingly) free and available resource.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I really like this website. Thank you for sharing! I have never heard if it before. It would be great to use in my classroom. My students will love it! I also like that it is free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite sites. I use it with my students and my own child. They all love it! :)

    ReplyDelete